Uproar Festival (September 5, 2011) review

« Older   Newer »
view post Posted on 9/10/2012, 15:01

Group:
Administrator

(I have to update...I'm posting also the old stuf :P)

REVIEW

http://blogs.houstonpress.com/rocks/2011/0..._energy_dri.php

Before AX7, Three Days Grace put on an overall strong showing. Personally, we liked their first, self-titled album, but since then haven't been too pleased with what they've been putting out. "Pain" and "Never Too Late" were the last two songs they released that didn't offend us, but since then they've become a little too one-note for our tastes.
Their performance Monday, however, was solid, especially since vocalist Adam Gontier was losing his voice. Vocal ability or not, Gontier screamed his heart out to the content of thousands of fans. Of course, they assisted him for nearly all of the choruses, but had they not, we have no doubt Gontier would have shrieked until his voice was completely gone.

One parts of TDG's performance bothered us, though. Before "Riot," Gontier told the crowd, "We're going to take a request for this next one." Of course, the responses weren't audible, but he pretended to hear someone request "Riot," and he told the crowd that, unfortunately, they were not allowed to play that song.
The crowd booed, Gontier got angry (or pretended to, at least), and he said something along the lines of, "No one tells me what I can and can't do on my stage!" It was a fitting way to get the crowd riled up for such an aptly titled song, but for those of you who don't know, Aftermath is here to tell you that if the Pavilion had told them not to play "Riot" and they went ahead and played it anyway, the lights would have been turned on, the sound would have been turned off, and we would have all been told, "The show is over. Go home."

Since that didn't happen, we're guessing it was just for show.

TDG did redeem themselves, however, when they performed Eminem's "Lose Yourself" to our amusement and bewilderment. We wonder what the copyright rules are on that kind of thing. Anyone have any idea?

gracesept6athumb560x373

Web   Top
0 replies since 9/10/2012, 15:01   50 views